Motor Torpedo Boat (PT-10) cruising in front of the Statue of Liberty


The U.S. Navy motor torpedo boat PT-10. Lead ship of the ten 70 foot Elco PT boats, PT-10 was commissioned on 4 November 1940. In April 1941 it was sold to the Royal Navy and became MTB 259. In this picture, it is cruising in front of the Statue of Liberty. It was lost during towing operation between Alexandria and Malta, June 14, 1942. — Office of War Information